You may have already made the switch to coconut oil in the kitchen, but it also has lots of other uses to keep you looking good – here are a few we’ve used, if you know of others do let us know!
- Hair Mask – take a small handful of Coconoil and melt it in your hands before running it through your hair. Wrap in a towel or cling film and leave to soak for 1-2 hours (or even overnight – sleeping in a shower cap if easier!). Wash and condition as normal.
- Combat frizz! – Rub a small amount of Coconoil between fingers to melt, then apply to the ends of frizzy hair – it also leaves hair looking shiny and healthy.
- Body scrub – mix together equal amounts of sea salt and Coconoil and then use your hands to rub all over the body – the scrub moisturises whilst also removing dead cells.
- Body oil – perfect for light moisturiser, Coconoil can be rubbed into the skin straight after bathing – add a few drops of lavender oil for a perfect relaxing massage oil.
- Pedicure Cream – rub a little Coconoil into cracked heels then wrap in cling-film for 20-30 minutes, for soft, silky feet.
- Shaving cream – Melt a little Coconoil and rub over legs before shaving to give a smooth shave, plus your legs will be moisturised at the same time!
- Make-up remover – massage a small amount of Coconoil straight onto the skin, then rinse with warm water.
- Lip Balm – forget buying expensive lip balms, transfer a little Coconoil to a small container you can carry around, then dap on chapped or dry lips when needed.
- Cuticle softener – rub a small amount of Coconoil into each cuticle and allow it to soak in before gently pushing back cuticles.
- Under eye cream – use a dab of Coconoil on under eye area – it’s light enough for the most delicate part of your face.
- Breath freshener – Coconoil has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties – gargle with a spoonful of oil every morning to help clear up germs in the mouth.
- Colds – Rub a little Coconoil on the inside of your nose to help with runny noses, allergies and sore nostrils.
Tell us your Coconoil beauty tip too!