Healthy Piri Piri Butterfly Chicken Burger!
Healthy doesn’t have to be boring! I often struggle with adding different meals to my diet and changing it up to make it more exciting whilst helping me to stay focused! Then I came across this recipe and loved it so much, I have to share it with you all as it is one of my favourite dinners to cook at the moment!
With this homemade healthy butterfly chicken burger your dinners can feel and be a lot more exciting! The recipe is easy and simple to follow doesn’t take a lot of time to prep or cook! Less than half an hour is all you need! It only consists of a few ingredients and is great for a post workout meal! It’s healthy and tastes amazing! I also find it hard to cook for just one person sometimes as most recipes are designed to serve two people,so this is a one meal recipe if you wish to cook for more than one person just double the recipe!
• 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced into wedges
• 1 x 240g skinless chicken breast fillet
• 1 tbsp Coconoil
• 1 tbsp chipotle paste
• Juice of 1 lime
• 2 tsp Jamaican jerk seasoning
• 1 whole meal burger bun
• Salad to serve
• Cut the sweet potato into wedges then pop them on a tray add some Coconoil on the top to allow them to cook then add them into the oven at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
• Place the chicken between two pieces of cling film on a chopping board and use a rolling pin to bash the chicken until it is about 1-2cm thick.
• Melt the Coconoil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the chicken to the frying pan and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes.
• While the chicken is frying mix together the chipotle, lime juice and jerk seasoning. When the chicken has had 4 minutes flip it and add half the chipotle mix over the breast then cook for another 4 minutes. Flip again then add the remaining chipotle mix to the other side. Cook for a further 2 minutes on each side. Once the chicken is cooked you can check this by chopping it in half and making sure the meat is white all the way through, with no pink raw bits, remove the chicken and add it to a plate to rest.
• Next cut the bun in half and toast briefly in a toaster, then add the chicken to the bun, add salad to the burger.
• Add the sweet potato wedges and salad to serve.
There you have it easy and tasty meal that is still healthy and not boring!