Healthy home-made crumble, baked with Coconoil virgin coconut oil.
Serves – 4
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
- 4 plums, stoned and quartered
- 1 large bramley apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 oranges
- 2 star anise
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 50g (1 3/4 oz) rolled oats
- 40g (1 1/2 oz) wholemeal flour
- 25g (1 oz) pecans
- 10g (1/4 oz) sesame seeds
- 65g (2 1/4 oz) dark muscovado sugar
- 65g (2 1/4 oz) Coconoil
1) Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF), gas mark 5.
2) Put the plums and apple in a pan.
3) Using a vegetable peeler, peel one of the oranges and cut the peel into julienne strips. Add the strips to the pan, along with the juice of both oranges.
4) Add the golden caster sugar and star anise, bring to the boil.
5) Simmer for 4-5 minutes until the plums have softened.
6) Divide the plums and juices between 4 ramekins.
7) Place the remaining ingredients into a food processor and pulse until they resemble very lumpy breadcrumbs!
8) Spoon the crumble over the fruit, place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until bubbling.
Thanks to Joy Skipper for recipe and photos.