Healthy home-made muffins, baked with Coconoil virgin coconut oil.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes
Makes – 8 muffins
- 300g Gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 75g soft dark brown sugar (or muscovado)
- 2 bananas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 75g Coconoil
- 100ml soya milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g strawberries, chopped
1) Preheat the oven to 175ºC (325ºF), gas mark 3.
2) Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix well.
3) Mash the banana with lemon juice.
4) Mix together the Coconoil mixture into the flour and begin to mix.
5) Gently stir in the banana and strawberries, do not over mix.
6) Spoon into muffin cases, place onto a muffin tin and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Thanks to Joy Skipper for recipe and photos.