Healthy home-made flapjacks, baked with Coconoil virgin coconut oil.
Preparation time – 8 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Makes – 9-12 flapjacks
- 100g Coconoil coconut oil
- 910g blackstrap molasses
- 15g dark muscovado sugar
- 25g agave syrup
- 240g rolled oats
- 50g pecans, roughly chaopped
- 50g cocoa nibs
- Grated rind of 1 orange
1) Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF), gas mark 4.
2) Grease an 18cm square tin.
3) In a large pan, melt together the Coconoil, molasses, sugar and agave syrup. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
4) Pour the mixture into the prepped tin and llevel the top.
5) Bake for 18-20 minutes and then remove from the oven. Leave to stand for 2 minutes.
6) Cut into squares and remove from the tin before leaving to cool completely.