- 225g wholemeal bread, broken into chunks
- 350ml soya milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g sultanas
- 25g mixed peel
- 1 tbsp mixed spice
- 100g dark muscovado
- grated rind of 1 orange
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- crème fraiche to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a shallow oven-proof dish.
- Place the bread into a bowl and pour over 300ml of the milk. Leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix really well.
- Spoon into the prepared dish and bake for 40 minutes, until slightly golden on top.
Sprinkle with granulated sugar to serve, with a dollop of crème fraiche.