Healthy home-made oat bread, baked with Coconoil virgin coconut oil.
Serves – 10
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 45 minutes
- 275g Prunes, chopped
- 100g rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g Coconoil
- 2 eggs
- 150g good flavoured honey
- 175g wholemeal flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1) Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF), gas mark 5.
2) Base line a 2 lb loaf tin with greasproof paper.
3) Place the prunes, oats, bicarb and Coconoil in a bowl and pour over 125ml (4fl oz) of boiling water.
4) In a larger bowl, whisk together the eggs and honey until well combined.
5) Stir in the flour and ground cinnamon and then finally the prune and oat mixture.
6) Mix well and pour into the prepared loaf tin.
7) Bake for 45 minutes until a knife, inserted into the loaf, comes clean.
8) Cool out of the tin, on a cooking rac, before slicing.
Thanks to Joy Skipper for recipe and photos.