A healthy protein rich meal cooked with Coconoil virgin coconut oil, great hot or cold!
Not only is this a great protein-rich and anti-oxidant-rich meal, it is also great for taking on picnics or journeys. Although it is really tasty hot, it tastes just as good cold too.
Serves – 4-6
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp Coconoil
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, halved and sliced, tops chopped.
- A handful of fresh or frozen garden peas
- 7 eggs
- A handful of fresh chivs, chopped
- Seasoning to taste
1) Heat the Coconoil in a large frying pan and sauté the onion, peppers, garlic and fennel for 6-8 minutes.
2) Add the peas in a large bowl and add the chopped chives and seasoning.
3) Pour the sautéed vegetables into the egg mixture and stir well.
4) Heat the remaining Coconoil in the pan and pour the torilla mixture into the pan.
5) Cook on a medium to low heat for around 18-20 minutes, until the tortilla appears to be set. (You can prise the edge away slightly with a palette knife to check.)
6) Heat the grill and cook the top of the tortilla until it is golden brown.
7) To remove the tortilla from the pan, place a plate over the top and flip it over quickly.
8) Cut into wedges and serve with a crisp green salad, or pack up to take on a picnic!