Healthy home-made soup, cooked with Coconoil virgin coconut oil for an energising boost.
Serves – 4
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp Coconoil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 600g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 140g split red lentils
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 x 400ml coconut milk
1) Heat the Coconoil in a pan and sauté the onion with the cumin seeds for 2-3 minutes.
2) Add the carrots, lentils and curry powder. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes before pouring in the stock and coconut milk.
3) Bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the carrot is soft.
4) Blend the soup with a hand blender or in a food processor untill smooth.
5) Check for seasoning and serve.
Thanks to Joy Skipper for recipe and photos.