- 675g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp Coconoil
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and diced
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Cook the sweet potatoes in a pan of boiling water until tender. Drain and mash.
- Heat ½ tbsp Coconoil in a pan and sauté the spring onion slices for 3-4 minutes.
- Using a fork, stir the spring onion into the sweet potato mash, and season to taste. Using wet hands, shape the sweet potato mixture into little patties and leave in the fridge to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the salsa by mixing together the diced tomato, red pepper, lime juice and coriander.
- Heat the remaining Coconoil in a frying pan and cook the sweet potato cakes for 6-7 minutes on either side, until golden.
- Serve with a little salsa on the side.