Healthy home-made ginger bake, baked with Coconoil virgin coconut oil.
Serves – 12
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 40 minutes
- 250g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g molasses or dark muscovado sugar
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g golden syrup
- 125g Coconoil
- 2 eggs, beatn
- 250ml milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1tbsp stem ginger syrup
- 275g golden icing sugar
- 3 knobs of stemmed ginger, diced
1) Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF), gas mark 4.
2) Grease and base line a 19cm x 28cm tin.
3) Sift the flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl and stir in the molasses sugar.
4) Gently melt the the golden syrup and Coconoil together and then take off the heat.
5) Beat the eggs and milk together.
6) Pour the egg and milk mixture into the prepaired tin and bake in the oven for 35 minutes cooked and pringy to the tough.
7) Turn out of the tin and place on a cooling rack on top of the tray.
8) Put the lemon juice and stem ginger syrup into a small bowl and mix together.
9) Sift the golden icing sugar into the bowl and mix well.
10) Add the diced stem ginger then spoon the mixture over the tray bake – the tray will catch the drips.
11) Cut into squares and serve.